Milano and Grunloh Engineers, LLC is a locally owned and operated consulting company, providing complete Civil Engineering, Construction and Surveying Services to Effingham County and the surrounding areas since 1979.
Our services include Illinois Professional Engineering and Land Surveying, as well as, complete Civil, Municipal, Transportation and Environmental Engineering Services. We also provide a broad range of construction layout, testing and surveying services. Our greatest asset is our ability to work closely with our clients throughout the project and to develop long term relationships with those clients.
We take pride in being a local company employing local people, while working together with our clients as a team.
Milano & Grunloh Engineers is a local Professional Engineering Company that can provide planning and engineering to assist in building your project. Milano & Grunloh Engineers uses its expertise and experience to assist you in completing your project on-time and in-budget.
INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
Infrastructure is the essential component to any community, urban and rural, in ensuring public safety, good health, growth and advancement. Infrastructure is a major consideration for any new home buyer and business looking to relocate to your Community, as well as, retaining those homeowners and businesses already there.
Urban and rural communities are facing the fact that their existing infrastructures are aging and will require improving or replacing. Some areas don’t even have the proper infrastructure in place at all, and need to start from scratch. The cost of such an undertaking can seem insurmountable. There are, however, programs in place to help take some of the burden of funding such projects off of the Community’s shoulders. The Illinois Department of Economic Opportunity (DCEO) and USDA Rural Development are just two of such agencies that provide a wide array of services, programs, grants and loans to help revitalize communities.
The Illinois Community Development Assistance Program (CDAP) offered by the DCEO assists Illinois communities in meeting their greatest economic and community development needs, with an emphasis on helping communities with substantial low to moderate-income populations. The CDAP consists of three main components to help fund such projects.
- Economic Development – a maximum of $750,000 for gap financing to assist business locating or expanding in the community
- Public Infrastructure – a maximum of $450,000 for Public Infrastructure funds to undertake projects designed to alleviate conditions detrimental to public health, safety, and public welfare
- Emergency Public Infrastructure – a maximum of $200,000 in emergency funding to undertake projects that address an emergency or urgency requiring immediate public Infrastructures assistance to eliminate conditions detrimental to health, safety, and public welfare
The deadline for submitting 2016 CDAP Applications has not been announced yet, but getting an early start will help ensure a successful application. Milano & Grunloh Engineers, LLC can complete all engineering aspects and complete the entire application or work with a local regional planning commission to complete an application.
The USDA Rural Development offers the Water and Waste Disposal Loan and Grant Program in Illinois. This program assists very small, financially distressed rural communities extend and improve water and waste treatment facilities. Rural Development believes that good practices can save tax dollars, improve the natural environment, and help manufacturers and business to locate or expand operations. Funds may be used to finance the acquisition, construction or improvement of:
- Drinking water sourcing, treatment, storage and distribution
- Sewer collection, transmission, treatment and disposal
- Solid waste collection, disposal and closure
- Storm water collection, transmission and disposal
Funding may also be utilized for all project cost:
- Legal and engineering fees
- Land acquisition, water and land rights, permits and equipment
- Start-up operations and maintenance
- Interest incurred during construction
- Other costs determined to be necessary for completion of the project.
The task of applying for funding assistance can seem overwhelming, but Milano & Grunloh Engineers, LLC is here to assist you in navigating the process of meeting requirements, applying for and administering funding. Deadlines for applications may vary, so the sooner you begin the process the better. Contact us today to get started on your path to improved community health, safety, growth and advancement.